He Died ; Soon will I also | The Incident

 


 

I just came back from a funeral. Yesterday, a neighbor of mine died because of a BOMB BLAST. He was a very good young man. I saw him just a couple of days ago, he was walking on the streets at night with his friends. When I heard the news of the bomb blast yesterday I could not believe that he was present there at the time of the bomb blast. I thought many questions Why did he go there and specifically why only on that day he visited the place where this accident happened?

The answers to these questions are available(click here to read the news) but no one can surely answer, Was it planned(by someone)? or Was it a coincidence! Whatever it was. My point is not to discuss that, What I want to share with you is something different, which most of the people don't really want to bother about.

When I went for the funeral, inside the Graveyard there was a very huge crowd. I personally did not attended any funeral in which there was such a thick crowd. It was very strange that even in this type of gathering everyone was totally quiet. Not a single noise. I was in between hundreds and thousands of people but If I’d close my eyes for a second, I may not feel anyone present there because of the silent atmosphere.

While waiting there for the funeral to start, I was thinking of thousands of questions in my mind and feeling very sad inside, this sadness was not for that person(who died) but it was for my existence, I also got scared and frustrated because these questions really hit me hard that "What if I had died instead of him?"

I thought what if I had died instead of him, if not then for sure I’m going to die someday, sooner or later. It hit me really hard. Everything seemed purposeless and meaningless AND believe me or not but it’s a fact that DEATH without the concept of an afterlife is very tragedic. It applies to every human being (irrespective of your religion/caste/skin color etc.), without the concept of an afterlife, ultimately everything is meaningless.

So come back to where we started.

The big questions I was thinking about my Existence were:

“What if I had died instead of him?”

“What if I went there instead of him?”

"What if I also die tomorrow or in a few days(if not then I will be going to Die after a few years… no doubt)?"

"After death, will I become NOTHING again - as I was NOTHING before birth?"

"Is there something called Soul? Or I am (my body) just a random accident?"

"If there is a Soul, then what's the guarantee that I'll be alive again as a bodily form in some other dimension, after years?"

"Is there an Afterlife?"

"Will I be Resurrected?"

"If there is a GOD, then why he created me?" "Does my existence have any purpose?"

"Why I will have to suffer death,

“It wasn’t my choice to exist, or to face death!"

"Do I have any control over my life or my existence?"

"If there is a GOD, then what does he wants from me?"

"If there is a GOD, then which God is true, and are there more than one God?"

"Is there any proof for GOD?"

"Why should I follow the Religion of my Parents? Why not I choose one for me, if I have to."

 

Now I guess that even you may have thought about these questions(mentioned above) and you may have an answer to these questions, maybe not all of them but at least a few. Whatever answer you have or I have, are all the answers same? Of course NOT. Whatever you or I believe as a correct answer to these questions, are all of them true?

For example, if you believe that after death we born again, then die and born again and that goes on forever And I believe that after death we will no more be here and we will be alive again after many years… and a Third-person believes that once we die, our body will evaporate/disappear and nothing’s going to happen after that. So all three beliefs are totally different right? We can't say all are correct or all are wrong for sure because it seems like for now all three of us don't have any evidence for this in the beginning. So it can be that you are right, or it can be that I'm right or the third person is right or  it can be that the TRUTH is something else and all three of us are wrong about our beliefs.

 One thing we can agree for sure is that all of us cannot be right if we have differences of opinion.

Just because we believe in something, that doesn't logically follow it's true or false. The truth can be different. 

 

 So, is there any way that you and I can get any evidence or proof about the reality of our existence or the reality of life and death?

I’ll leave you guys with this question for now; let me know your thoughts on this in the comment section.

NEXT BLOG SOON.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Islam with PK

Fear of Change | Aquib Afsar